Friday, September 24, 2010

POT ROAST?

Not really. 

This is the perfect time to tell you about my good friend's awesome blog Katie's Cucina.  She has some killer recipes that will literally make your mouth water.  She's been on a cupcake kick lately - YUM MY!!!  Thanks to Katie, my family ate very well quite a few nights when Miss Buggie was fresh.  Thanks Katie, you ROCK!!!  And so do your blogs!

So uncool.  I was hoping to have another Spoonie for you tonight.  A yummy, 20 minute prep "Pot Roast" with potatoes, baby carrots and onions.  I have to tell you, I'm really not sure where my head is these days.  I have a pretty good idea but sheesh!  I got the wrong meat this weekend so what was a planned pot roast, you know, June Clever style, turned out to be an "oven" roast.  Wrong cut, entirely.  It's a bit tougher and doesn't do that pull apart thing that roast does.  I was so looking forward to that yummy, savory flavor...but I digress.  I thought I would still give you the rundown of how I roll with the 1 dish "Pot Roast".

Prep takes about 20 minutes and consists of rinsing and drying your meat, a salt and pepper rub, cleaning and slicing 1 medium onion and about 4 medium potatoes.  Throw it all into a roasting pan (arranging it all nice and pretty around the roast, Martha Stewart style).  Then throw in a whole bag of baby carrots.  Pour seasoned juice around roast, cover it with aluminum foil and roast in a 325 degree oven for about 20 minutes a pound.

For your amusement, I am including a pic below.  Sorry about that.  Hopefully the next one will be better.  





On a different note, you may have noticed some changes to the blog already.  I have a little bit of OCD (and maybe some neurosis thrown in-ahahahahaha) so I am trying to get it right....in my mind at least.  I would love some feedback on the new look so far.  I am sure it will see many more changes in the future but hopefully I am close to done right now.  Thanks for checking it out and have a great day!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would totally love to hear from you!