Monday, October 4, 2010

If Your Happy and You Know It........

...arrrrrgh!  I  can't even finish it.  I want to.  But I can't.

Sorry I've been MIA for a little bit.  It appears that all hell literally does break loose at the same time!

Buggie had her 12 month exam a few weeks ago and at that appointment she received her MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and Varicella (chicken pox) vaccines.  If you don't know me well, or have not had the pleasure of being on the receiving end of 1 of my rants, than you don't already know that I am not so keen on the vaccine.  Any of them.  I don't believe that we need all of this, really.  I have my feelings and certain exceptions (like spending time, any time, over seas) but for the most part I think we should all probably just stay home and avoid the 'germ' all together.  Nah, I kid (kind of, wink, wink) but I do believe it's a bit melodramatic and I am certain it is a pharmaceutical joke by the big RX heads in the sky..."look at how much they want need our drugs".  I just believe that we need to be careful what we put into our bodies and stop believing EVERYTHING the media or a person with a name tag tells us.  And here I am, back at my point (man, I veer a lot, huh?) which is that vaccine's might not be the coolest thing, just sayin. 

So, Buggie gets a breakthrough case of Chicken Pox.  What's that, you ask?  It's where your child basically gets the chicken pox but not quite so much of it and it's not contagious.  But we're still talking fever for days, huge bumps (that never scabbed thank GOD, a definite plus of the "breakthrough case") lots of uncomfortableness with the accompanying fuss pants and I think some stomach cramps.  All of this over a duration of about 7 days...just like chicken pox.  Honestly, I am very thankful that it was just a "breakthrough" case because I know it could have been a lot worse and I am very Blessed that it was not.  I do, however, feel like the nurse should tell you: "Your child may experience a breakthrough case of chicken pox which could include fever, bumps, discomfort, blah blah blah" as opposed to what the nurse did say which was:  "In 7-10 days she could have a fever and/or a rash."  I need more here people...please!  I had the family running around trying to find out who it was with ringworm because I was sure that's what those huge bumps on her arm and her leg were.  That was some 'rash'. ;)

Ok, so thank you for allowing me to release that.  I so don't like it when Buggie doesn't feel good.  I want to take all of it away and I can't and she can't even tell me what's wrong yet.  Poor little thing.  And she has like 5 teeth trying to come through!  So, it's been a tough week to say the least and to add to it we had 2 more birthdays.  My Dad and Step-Son, the BIG 10, so exciting!!!  There is probably a few more things I can add into this big pile of life but you all know the drill.  I've missed you, whoever you are, and I am happy to be back...but for how long??? muahahahaha

I did manage to do a project, well actually a couple of them, over the course of the last 10 days.  Oooh, and Buggie and I took my Step-Mom to a ceramics place where she painted some pieces and we got to spend some time together, just the girls.  That was cool.  I found this first idea over here at Sew Woodsy.  Check it out for the how to...no need to repeat what she has so nicely done. 

These are our kitchen switch and plug (receptacle) plates.  They tried to give us a hard time around the little opening for the light switch and some of those crazy curves on the plugy one but it was a great learning experience and I am totally stoked with how they came out!  If you're just trying to get back into the creating vibe maybe start with this - it was fun, easy and quick!!!




(Slits used to assist in wrapping the paper around the plate, should've cut some of it away instead of trying to wrap it all)










 I used scrap book paper I had lying around for this set but I was thinking I would try it with some fabric next time...maybe plaid, maybe polka dots, idk, lots of possibilities.  I wonder how wrapping paper would do?!?  Does Mod Podge destroy the paper?  Anyone tried this before with wrapping paper?  If so let me know and pics would be cool, too. 

Thanks for spending some time, you are totally appreciated!  Enjoy this day...it is a gift!!!

PEACE

(oh, and....CLAP YOUR HANDS!) =D


1 comment:

I would totally love to hear from you!